From 1st February 2022 till 30st September 2023 the Association of Mechanical Engineering and Metalworking Industries of Latvia (MASOC) together with 6 partners from Estonia, Lithuania and Latvia implements Erasmus+ programme Cooperation Partnerships in vocational education and training (VET) project “Baltic VET competition for smart growth” (SmartGrowth), project No. 2021-1-LV01-KA220-VET-000025155.
Main objectives of the project are:
1) To organize national competitions and Baltic countries' competition for VET students in mechanical engineering and metalworking industries by involvement of sector business representatives in Baltic countries;
2) To increase attractiveness of VET by demonstrating skills, knowledge and achievements of VET students in mechanical engineering and metalworking industries.
Main activities/ results of the project are:
1) Development of country analyses about good practices of sectoral VET competitions;
2) Preparation of practical and theoretical tasks at least 3 qualifications in metalworking in English and national languages;
3) Establishment of regulations for competition organizing regulations and assessment methodology in English and national languages;
4) Development of practical training course about engineering technologies with real examples and their assessment methodologies in English and national languages;
5) Organizing national competition in each country and Baltic countries’ competition in Latvia;
6) Publicity, partners meetings, videos etc.
- EML, Federation of Estonian Engineering Industry (Estonia);
- LINPRA, Lithuanian engineering industries association (Lithuania);
- Tehnobuss Latvia (Latvia);
- Vilnius Jeruzalem Labour Market Training centre (Lithuania);
- Merkuur OÜ (Estonia)
- ZRKAC, Zemgale Region Human Resource and Competences Development Centre (Latvia)